General hiring terms and conditions
- We dispatch orders every business day. The cutoff for dispatch is 2pm AEST (or AEDT in the summer months). This means, for example, that an order placed on Thursday morning at 9am will be dispatched that day. An order placed on Saturday at 3pm won’t be dispatched until the following Monday.
- All orders are dispatched using an express service. We do understand that you are in a hurry to receive your order and do our best to make sure it is with you quickly. Please understand though that sometimes there are circumstances outside of our control which delay delivery.
- Wherever possible, please supply a street address for delivery. If your order is being sent to a PO Box, it will be dispatched using Australia Post’s Express Post service and delivery times may vary.
- You will receive a tracking email the evening after your order has been dispatched giving you information about how to track your order delivery.
Condition & usage of your hire product
- We sanitise and test all our units before sending them out to new customer to ensure that they are clean and in good working order, as well as providing fresh accessories where needed.
- If your hire product arrives damaged it is your responsibility to let us know immediately. We will send out a replacement by next business day delivery.
- Our liability shall never exceed the hire fee paid by you.
- It is your responsibility to care for the hire product throughout the duration of the hire and ensure it is kept securely and not damaged or misused.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the hire product is returned with all accessories provided and that is packed to minimise the risk of damage during return shipping.
- If your hire product returned to us damaged by accident or misuse, you will be liable for the repair or replacement costs (less any hire fees already paid). If the hire product is lost or stolen, you will need to reimburse us for the full cost of the unit and accessories (less any hire fees already paid).
Contact and communication
- We are available to you for support and information at all times via telehone, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and our facebook page.
- It is a condition of our agreeing to enter into a rental agreement with you that you keep always keep your account with us updated with your current:
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
- credit card details (for billing).
Returning your hire
- When it’s time for you to return your hire product to Sweet Beats, please go to your ‘My Account‘ page and press on the ‘Return’ button. You will then be able to download a prepaid postal label which you can print out and use to return your hire product.
- Please follow the instructions on the brochure included with your hire to repack your hire product, and then place into the provided courier satchel.
- Secure the prepaid postal label you downloaded from our site onto the satchel and post at any Australia Post outlet.
- We will receive electronic notification once you have lodged your hire product and suspend your billing.
If you do not have access to a printer:
If you do not have access to a printer, please email us at email@example.com and we will give you further return postage instructions.
Your monthly billing arrangement with Sweet Beats [breast pump and fetal doppler hire only]
- The minimum hire period is one month.
- A monthly billing arrangement with Sweet Beats is set up when you go through checkout. You will pay the first month’s hire fee at checkout, and then be billed each month after that until your return your hire product. It is your responsibility to ensure that these monthly payments are made.
- You can update your credit card if needed from your ‘My Account‘ page by selecting ‘Change payment method’ and following the prompts through checkout.
Missed hire payments
- If billing on your hire with Sweet Beats fails at any time, then your account will be placed on hold. We will send you an email notification advising that payment has failed and your account has been placed on hold.You must then:
- Return your hire product at once, or
- Log into your account and make payment on the missed payment, which will reactivate your account. If needed you can update credit card details at the same time.
- If after 1 month your account is still in arrears, then your account will be passed to a reputable debt collection agency. You will then be liable for the full cost of your hire unit, less any hire fees already paid, and an additional $20 administrative fee and $10 charge for replacement of the carry case.
Your billing arrangement [labour TENS machine hires only]
- You will pay for your 5 week hire fee at checkout, plus delivery and return postage.
- You agree to return your TENS machine to Sweet Beats at the completion of the 5 week hire period. If you need extra time because your baby has not yet arrived, that is fine – just let us know.
- If your TENS machine hire has not been returned to Sweet Beats after one month past the completion of the 5 week hire period (plus any extension requested by you) then your account will be passed to a reputable debt collection agency. You will then be liable for the full cost of your hire unit, less any hire fees already paid, and an additional $20 administrative fee and $10 charge for replacement of the carry case.
Purchasing your hire product
- If you wish to purchase your hire product outright, please let us know. We will invoice you for the full purchase cost, less any hire fees already paid. Once you have paid the invoice we will cancel the billing agreement.
- A warranty period of 6 months will be provided on a hire product that you decide to purchase outright, backdated to the start of your hire period (when you first hired the unit).
Additional terms for breast pump hires
- Your breast pump will come with everything you need to use it, including a full double milk collection kit so that you can express from both breasts at once.
- Please familiarise yourself with your breast pump hire as soon as it arrives, and let us know at once if you have any questions or concerns.
- Instructions for using your breast pump will be included with your hire, however we highly recommend using your breast pump under the guidance of a lactation consultant or other qualified care provider.
- Although we will give you basic information on using your breast pump, you should always seek out the advice of a lactation consultant or other qualified care provider when using a breast pump. Where our information conflicts with any advice given to you by a lactation consultant or other qualified care provider, you should rely on the advice given to you by the lactation consultant or other qualified care provider.
Additional terms for labour TENS machine hires
- Your labour TENS machine will come with everything you need to use it, including two sets of new electrode pads, leadwires and fresh batteries.
- Please familiarise yourself with your labour TENS machine hire as soon as it arrives, and let us know at once if you have any questions or concerns.
- Instructions for using your labour TENS machine will be provided with your hire.
- Once your TENS machine hire has been dispatched to you, there are no refunds. You may cancel your TENS machine hire for a full refund before dispatch. Even if you do not use your TENS machine (for example, due to a very fast labour) then unfortunately we cannot refund the hire fee if the unit is already dispatched.
- You must not use a labour TENS machine before 37 weeks of pregnancy, over the abdomen or on the head, near water or in the vicinity of children. You must not use a TENS machine if you have a pacemaker, heart disease or epilepsy
- Please check with your care provider to ensure that using a labour TENS machine is right for you. You should only use your labour TENS machine under advice and guidance from your care provider.
Additional terms for fetal doppler hires
- Your fetal doppler will come with everything you need to use it, including ultrasound gel and fresh batteries.
- Please familiarise yourself with your fetal doppler as soon as it arrives, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Instructions for using your fetal doppler will be included with your hire.
- You should never use the fetal doppler provided by Sweet Beats for diagnostic purposes. If you have any concerns about your baby, (for example, a lack of movement) it is really important you always seek out help from your care provider. Hearing your baby’s heartbeat is not a guarantee that your baby is okay. Never substitute listening to a fetal doppler for prenatal care.
- Remember that using a fetal doppler is intended to provide reassurance. If you find that having access to a doppler is actually increasing your anxiety, then consider that a fetal doppler may not be for you.
We use a payment gateway provider called Stripe for all charges. When a monthly hire is initially set up, Stripe will send a request to your bank for either a $0 or $1 authorisation. This is to verify that the card is issued and the bank will allow the payment to be authorised. Generally, people don’t ever see this transaction appear as it is reversed immediately, however some people may still see an authorisation for $1 on their credit card statement.
If you do see this authorisation, please don’t panic! It is important to remember that this is not a charge and will disappear from your statement. Depending on your bank, the authorisation will be removed from within a few minutes to a couple of weeks.